It’s here – Christmas in Edgartown! This is a weekend of holiday joy and splendor. Though “magically modified” the town is full of holiday spirit, including this Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite Fundraiser! Currently, we have raised just over $24,000 for the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club! This is a BIG weekend for the teddy bear suite!
Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite – What To Do This Weekend – Teddies Around Town
This year, we’ve modified our suite into the fun, interactive Teddies Around Town Holiday Scavenger Hunt. This is a great way to see many of the bears, there are over 30 to find throughout Edgartown Village. There is also the 6th Annual Teddy Bear Trot Holiday 5k Run & Walk, and don’t forget to help us Name Our 10 Year MVTBS Big Bear.
Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite – What To Do This Weekend – Christmas In Edgartown – What Is The Teddies Around Town?
Teddies Around Town is a safe, festive, outdoor scavenger hunt for a cause. Details on how it works:
- The scavenger hunt begins at Point B, where kids can pick up their riddles and stamp at 19 Winter Street, Edgartown.
- There is a suggested donation of $5.00 per participant, which goes to Point B’s Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite fundraiser for the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club.
- Riddles will take kids around downtown Edgartown, from display window to display window, seeking bears of all shapes and sizes.
- Kids will stamp their own riddle sheets when bears are found to keep it 2020 friendly.
- It’s a new level of family fun and interaction because the riddles often are best solved with some parent collaboration and involvement.
- The hunt ends back at Point B, where each participant gets a fuzzy prize!
The Final Weekend of Teddies Around Town
For our grand finale weekend, we’ve added Friday and additional hours! We’ve seen kids of all ages joining in the fun!
- Friday, December 11th, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 12th, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 13th, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite – What To Do This Weekend – Teddy Bear Trot 2020
This is also the final weekend for the Teddy Bear Trot virtual 5k Run & Walk. Sunday, 5:00 p.m. is the final day. There are t-shirts still available! The final pick-up before the race is over is Friday, December 11th at the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club. You can still register and be eligible to win prizes for festive attire and more. Click here to sign up today.
Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite: Help Name The 10 Year Anniversary Big Bear
We couldn’t let our 10th year of the Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite happen without a new big bear! We may have skipped last year, but this year it was a must! Welcome new friend!
Which name do you think suits this adorable face? The last big teddy to join the Teddy Bear Suite family was Tashmoo, and we had so much fun naming him with your help!
The names that are popular this year:
- Lucy – First Place (honoring the falling of the iconic rock at Lucy Vincent Beach).
- Squibby – think Squibnocket
- Martha – in reference to Martha’s Vineyard
- Vinnie – in reference to Martha’s Vineyard
What do YOU THINK THE NEWEST BEAR SHOULD BE NAMED? Comment below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or comments on our Facebook or Instagram page.
The True Spirit of the Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite
Now entering our 10th enchanting year, the Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite, created and sponsored by Point B Realty, is a magical holiday tradition where family memories are made, and the money raised goes to help the Martha’s Vineyard Boys And Girls Club and their vital after school services and food program Healthy Happy Kids (H2K) used by families across the Island every week. We now hope to bring our 10-year total close to $250,000. We have raised $216,000 in the first nine nine years. We have currently raised just over $24,000, and we need your help to fulfill our goal of underwriting H2K.
If you’d like to help support the fundraiser and the kids of Martha’s Vineyard, you can donate online right here.
Also, thank you to all those who voted for us for Point B Realty for Best Real Estate Company 2020 and for the Martha’s Vineyard Teddy Bear Suite Best Charity Event Runner-Up 2020, click here to vote for Best of the Vineyard 2021!